Brooklyn Pot Delivery
What is Cannabis?
Cannabis is a plant that has uses as a recreational and medicinal drug.
Cannabis-based products come from the dried flowering tops, leaves, stems, and seeds of the Cannabis sativa (hemp) plant.
The legal status of medical and recreational cannabis varies among states. People who are considering buying or using cannabis should first check whether it is legal in their state.
Cannabis is a plant. People use the dried leaves, seed oil, and other parts of the cannabis plant for recreational and medicinal purposes. It can have a pleasurable effect and may soothe the symptoms of various conditions, such as chronic pain.
Ways of using it include:
- smoking or vaping it
- brewing it as a tea
- consuming it in the form of edibles, such as brownies or candies
- eating it raw
- applying it as a topical treatment
- taking it as capsules or supplements
Some of the ingredients in cannabis are psychoactive (mind-altering), but others are not. The potency and balance of the ingredients vary, depending on how the manufacturer grows and processes the plant.
What are the 3 types of Cannabis?
There are three primary varieties of cannabis flowers: Indica, Sativa, and hybrid. Each of these strains satisfies unique necessities, produces different results, and thus carries specific advantages. Here is a close look at these three types of cannabis flowers.
What is Sativa Cannabis?
Sativa cannabis strains are often used to stimulate creativity, boost energy, and ignite focus. Sativa’s are commonly used to increase the user’s appetite and mitigate symptoms caused by depression and ADHD. Due to sativa’s cerebral effects, they are best enjoyed in the morning or mid-afternoon.
Common Effects of Sativa Strains
Broadly, cannabis sativa strains are said to have the following effects:
- Energizing. This is a sought-after effect for daytime consumers or for those who want to consume before doing an activity or being social.
- Uplifting. Many people report that their mood is altered and improves after consuming sativa strains.
Increased creativity. For some, consuming a cannabis sativa product can help shift or unblock creativity, or generate new ideas.
- Mind-expanding. Not limited to creativity, cannabis sativa strains are often thought to direct attention inward for reflection.
- Sharper focus. Some report that cannabis sativa strains can help ease a distracted mind and concentrate on the task at hand.
As a result of these effects, some report that cannabis sativa products offer some relief from symptoms of:
- Depression. With their reported energizing, mood-uplifting, and creativity-inducing effects, sativas may help combat feelings of lethargy and apathy.
- Anxiety. Similarly, some people report that cannabis sativa strains can ease anxiety with soothing and uplifting effects. Others find that it helps them “snap out” of repeated or intrusive thoughts.
- ADHD. Because of the cerebral and increased focus effects attributed to sativas, some people report that cannabis sativa products help ease symptoms of ADHD
If you’re using cannabis to help with mental health symptoms, be sure to keep up with any other prescribed treatments. And keep in mind that the impact of cannabis on mental health conditions is still poorly understood
Top 5 Sativa Cannabis Strains
What is Indica Cannabis?
IIndica strains come from the cannabis indica plant, which is generally shorter and bushier than their sativa counterpart.
Traditionally, Indica strains are associated with more of a body high that makes you feel relaxed. They’re often recommended for people seeking strains to help with pain, insomnia, nausea, or poor appetite.
While plenty of indica strains might produce these effects, strains aren’t an exact science.
Things like terpenes, different cannabinoids (like THC and CBD), and even your history with cannabis can influence how you experience certain products.
Common Effects of Indica Strains
Cannabis indica strains are often said to have the following effects:
- Relaxing. People say cannabis indica strains help their muscles relax and their brains slow down.
Sedating. Many find that indica strains make them sleepy, which may be a good thing for people with insomnia.
- Pain-relieving. Indica strains are often recommended for people looking to use cannabis for chronic or acute pain.
- Appetite-inducing. Yep, “the munchies” aren’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if you have a low appetite due to a medical condition or treatment.
- Nausea-soothing. Many find that indica strains also help with nausea and keeping food down.
What is Hybrid Cannabis?
Hybrid cannabis strains are plants that have the combined characteristics of Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica plants, depending on its genetic lineage. In fact, most cannabis today is a type of hybrid marked as either indica- or sativa-dominant, rather than pure indica or sativa. This is because “landrace strains,” or original cannabis strains that maintain their native characteristics, are hard to come by in today’s cross-breeding, global market.
Today’s hybrid cannabis plants may be tall with bushier leaves, short with thin leaves, and have a variety of unique qualities that make it evident they are a more modern cultivar than a landrace strain.
Common Effects of Hybrid Strains
Hybrid strains are great for all-around use. You can use hybrids to help with medical conditions in the morning, afternoon, or night depending on the plant’s genetics.
Hybrids are largely available in the market because of yield size, effects, and wide-range of medical benefits. Breeders and growers love to make new strains, the majority being hybrids.
Other Medical Uses:
brooklynpotdelivery.com © All Rights Reserved - 2022